Buhle seeks Farmer Support Officer
BFA seeks a Farmer Support Officer to join our team. This dynamic, knowledgeable and inspiring person will be responsible for supporting and advising farmers to manage viable farming businesses.
- Apply effective post-training support services to farmers and alumni of the Academy;
- Grow smallholder farms through effective Financial and Business management of farms;
- Continuously upskill farmers towards improved business decision-making to increase agricultural production;
- Maintain a register of all farmers and projects supported by the Academy; monitor and report on the progress of these projects;
- Be adept at using technology to demonstrate the use of applications and platforms to develop a farmer;
- Represent and promote Buhle’s mission and liaise with a range of partners, organisations and institutions relating to agricultural projects and Buhle’s training programmes;
- Research farmers’ needs and propose possible solutions;
- Establish and retain good relations with all alumni farmers supported by the academy as well as stakeholders of the academy, in order to encourage good standings between Buhle and all role players
- Initiate new projects and recruit individuals for Buhle’s farmer support and training programmes;
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant knowledge and expertise on industry norms and trends;
- Perform administrative duties and all duties necessitated by the position;
- Travel regularly to farms and projects across the country – 60% travel.
- A diploma or degree in agriculture;
- Financial or Business Management additional qualification;
- Two years’ experience in training and agricultural advisory roles;
- AgriSETA Accredited Assessor;
- High proficiency in MS Suite, in particular Excel;
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Businesses management skills – financial management & business reporting;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Report writing skills – use of MS Suite;
- Exceptional people skills;
- Pro-active and motivated;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to manage projects from inception to completion;
- Be orderly and trustworthy;
- Be multi-lingual.
* Buhle Farmers’ Academy (BFA) is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to train new and aspiring farmers from across South Africa to manage farming businesses that are both profitable and sustainable, and to help alleviate poverty by creating jobs in our own agricultural sector. Over the years, Buhle has developed a number of best practices that, if replicated effectively, would make a huge difference in the transformation of the agricultural sector of our country on a national level.
Address applications with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 15 January 2023 Due to volumes, only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence.
For more information about Buhle Farmers’ Academy refer to www.buhle.org.za.