1. Admission requirements
Our courses cater for those who have a passion for farming and the capability to farm, but may not have a National Senior Certificate or the money to gain a place to study agriculture at a university or college.
Our admissions requirements for our long-term courses are:
- Access to land on which to farm
- Minimum schooling – Grade 9
- The ability to speak, read and write English
- Functional numeracy
- The ability to do physical farm work
- A sincere commitment to farming
- A successful interview with academy selection panel
- Full-time course attendance.
2. How to apply
The application form, for long and short courses, can be filled on online by clicking on the ‘Enroll Now’ button at the bottom of this page. Please note that:
- The applicant must fill in all relevant sections of the application form.
- A non-refundable application fee of R120.00 per application must be paid into the academy’s bank account.
- The application form, accompanied by a copy of your ID and proof of payment, must be faxed, posted or emailed to the academy.
- Applications for long-time courses should reach the academy at least two weeks before the start of the course, unless we communicate otherwise.
- The academy will acknowledge receipt of your application, and a date will be set for your interview with the selection panel.
3. Student selection process
The Buhle selection panel assesses all applications against the admission requirements, and will invite candidates for long-term courses to an interview with the panel. At this interview, we will evaluate your motivation and ask for any other necessary information. The panel then makes a decision on which students to accept. Candidates are notified of the outcome immediately.
It is mandatory for trainees to bring along the following documents:
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your ID
- A copy of your highest qualification
4. Registration and fees
After the selection process is complete, successful applicants pay a course fee and are then registered for a specific course.
The training courses are highly subsidised, so no deferred payment is accepted and no bursaries are available unless directly negotiated with an independent third party.
Information about course fees can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org, or cellphone number and WhatsApp number 063 287 2732.
For more information, please view the Prospectus.