Buhle Famers’ Academy seeks a Farmer Support Officer to join our team. This dynamic, knowledgeable and creative person will be responsible for supporting and advising farmers to manage viable farming businesses.
- Apply effective post-training support services to farmers and alumni of the Academy.
- Grow smallholder farms through Financial and Business management of farms.
- Continuously upskill farmers towards improved business decision to increase agricultural production.
- Maintain a register of all farmers and projects supported by the Academy; monitor and report on the progress of these projects.
- Be technology adept, to demonstrate the use of various platforms to develop a farm.
- Represent and promote Buhle’s mission and liaise with a range of partners, organisations and institutions relating to agricultural projects and Buhle’s training programmes.
- Research farmers’ needs and propose possible solutions.
- Establish and retain good relations with all alumni farmers supported by the Academy as well as stakeholders of the Academy in order to encourage good standings between Buhle and all role players.
- Initiate new projects and recruit individuals for Buhle’s farmer support and training programmes.
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge and expertise on industry norms and trends.
- Perform administrative duties and all duties necessitated by the position.
- Travel regularly to farms and projects across the country.
- A diploma or degree in agriculture
- Financial or Business Management additional qualification
- 2 years’ experience in training *and* agricultural advisory roles
- AgriSETA Accredited Assessor and Moderator.
- High proficiency in MS Suite, in particular Excel.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Businesses management skills – financial management & business reporting
- Planning and organisational skills
- Report writing skills – use of MS Suite
- Exceptional people skills
- Pro-active and motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Be orderly and trustworthy
- Be multi-lingual
Address applications with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 03 August 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence.