Buhle seeks forward-thinking Commercials Manager
Buhle seeks to appoint a forward-thinking Commercials Manager to elevate farm productions to the next level. Farm productions include grains, vegetables, livestock and poultry (layers and broilers), demonstrable experience of all is requisite. The consummate professional will be responsible for campus wide commercial production including the financial management of projects, recognising and securing business opportunities to strategically expand and improve procedures, standards or policies whilst adhering to regulatory guidelines.
Salary: R585,000 CTC
Location: Delmas, Mpumalanga
- Ensure the farm is partaking in profitable productions all year round.
- Build and nurture client relationships in order to preserve or secure new contracts.
- Ensure compliance with government laws regulations on agriculture, labour and related matters.
- Manage market networks for all commodities.
- Organise sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products.
- Recruit and oversee contractors and vendors.
- Work with other department heads to prioritise Buhle goals and KPIs.
- Review and develop operational process flows.
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Organise maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery.
- Farm risk management such as keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases, industrial actions etc.
- Analyse data and generate reports to inform strategic business decisions.
- Manage and mentor staff for successful commodity production.
- Recruit, train and supervise farm workers and labourers.
Skill, qualification and experience requirements:
- A post-graduate degree – Honours, preferably Masters – in Agriculture.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a management position.
- A proven history of successful leadership of a diverse staff.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker and have strong negotiation skills.
- Possess a collaborative mind-set and work well as part of a team.
- Superior time management abilities and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Up to date on industry trends, as well as laws and regulations.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and industry contacts.
- Honest, discreet and trustworthy.
- Advanced computer skills including Word and Excel.
Due to the nature of farm work, variations in workloads relate to seasonal demands – some unsociable hours may be necessary during busy periods (e.g. during harvesting or lambing) and the commercials managers will be expected to deal with emergencies.
Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date is 30 June 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response within 14 days of submitting your application, please regard it as unsuccessful.